Current Journal (November 1, 2005)

Tuesday - November 22, 2005 - Today's the day that President John F. Kennedy was shot and killed in 1963.  Yes, I remember where I was when I heard about it.  In chorus at Rochelle Township High School.  We heard that he died when I was in Spanish class with Senor Stalheber.  That's 42 years ago.  My goodness, that's a long time.  It's interesting that it barely gets a mention unless it's a year divisible by 10.  How weird is that?  Am I not supposed to recognize Andrew and Jarrett being gone until it's been 10 years and then 20 years, etc.  Give me a break.  Although for some reason, people have a "thing" about 25 year anniversaries.  I don't know why.  Maybe someone knows, but it isn't me.  Right now, I'm trying to get ready to drive over to Sterling once again.  Krissy's going to cut my hair and make it a normal-looking color.  I think I look kind of beige all-over.  Plus, the water softener is NOT WORKING (as I suspected) so I'm washing my hair in extremely, extremely, extremely HARD well water.  Yuk and double yuk.  When I realized what was going on yesterday, I immediately gave Hobbes some bottled water.  Yes, I know Grandpa drinks the well water but you don't know what is in that aquifer where the water comes from!!  Could be any sort of chemical mixture.  triple yuk.  So, I'll put getting that fixed on my list.  Wait a minute, I don't have a list.  I'd better make a LIST.  It's time to go.  Thought I'd put in a couple of pictures of the little AZ girls.  They're so cute.  I'll try to take some pictures - I make NO promises.  Time to skedaddle.  see ya later, djb

Grandpa and Zoe in Florida

Hope in snow

Gayla in Florida - you can tell how old she is by counting the candles.    

Monday - November 21, 2005 - It's sunny this morning - that's nice - although it is only 32 (freezing) degrees.  Yesterday, after the CHICAGO BEARS won their football game, I went into the cemetery and cleaned up Andrew and Jarrett's grave.  Wow.  There was a LOT of stuff in there - I filled one large garbage bag with the mums and other dried up plants, one other bag was filled up with the leaves that had gathered around the flowers and I carried the two hanging planters by their hangers (imagine that?) and put them in the trunk.  Plus, I put all of the angels and other keepsakes in another bag.  Then, I planted 15 small yellow daffodils in between the perennial geraniums and I planted 40 large daffodils (10 in each hole) right along the front of the stone.  Hopefully, the squirrels will NOT eat them or dig them up.  Both of the evergreen trees got food for the winter.  I know they need more water than they've gotten this year since we still have a huge deficit in our rainfall.  Right now, I have a big bag of multi-colored daffodils and four small bags of teeny-tiny bulbs to plant and I'll be finished.  Unless, of course, I come across some HUGE bulb bargains in my travels.  One year, I had to extend my deadline because a store was getting rid of their bulbs for one dollar a bag.  If I didn't buy them, I'm sure they would've gone in the garbage.  It was a pity purchase.  ha!!  All right, I'd better let Hobbes outside again.  He's back to meowing more and more, and when I let him out, he wants to come in - then, when I let him in, he wants to go out.  So, it sounds like he's almost back to normal.  bye for now, djb

Grandma and Grandpa O'Malley at their house on 6th Street - I found this in Sister's pictures - it's nice to see them!

Andrew getting on his horsie in January 1988

Jarrett in the garage running on the treadmill  

Sunday - November 20, 2005 - Yesterday, I started working just before 11 a.m. and I finished a little after 5 p.m.  I mowed/mulched until there were no leaves left - that took quite a while!!  Then, I winterized the lawn.  We'll see how that works out.  Right now, my grass looks beige.  Before I did all that, I planted some tulips and daffodils - just a few more bulbs (maybe a couple hundred) to plant and I'll be done.  I still have a few days before my self-imposed December 1st deadline, although I see that the weather is going to turn cold and the flurries are going to begin.  While I was finishing up last night, before it got dark, the honking of the Canadian geese began far away and then got closer and closer and louder and louder as they flew over my head and actually flew SOUTH.  Some of the geese have decided that they should live around here all year (yes, I suppose it is warmer than Canada).  I'm sure they know what's coming - they said that it was 53 degrees yesterday.  Today, it's around 39.  Later, I'm going into the cemetery and clean up all the stuff that's around the boys' grave.  It shouldn't be left in there all winter.  One of angels lost her head, so I'll have to glue that back on.  Considering some of those days when the wind was gusting up to 53 mph, I'm lucky it didn't blow everything away.  Hobbes is better today but he's still not back to his usual rude and surly self.  I'm sure, in time, he'll bounce back.  It looks just exactly like November outside - overcast and grey - Yikes!!!  So, have a nice day!  bye, djb

Jarrett with little, tiny baby Hobbes

Andrew purposely fell in the pool with his clothes on - looks like he enjoyed it! 

Saturday - November 19, 2005 - When I got up, Hobbes meowed at me, "Give me some meow special food."  So I did and he ate it.  He's moving around better.  Mostly, he just sits and watches the world go by.  I'm not sure if he'll want to go outside or not but I'm planning to get everything put away for the winter.  Haven't done that yet.  Empty flower pots and the chairs are still on the deck.  PLUS, I get to mow/mulch for the last time.  It's going to get up to 48 degrees - so they say.  This is always a fun time to be on the tractor outside.  You have to get REALLY, REALLY bundled up.  Although I will say that mowing in the dark with the light on is pretty interesting.  I've had to do that a few times over the years.  I just remembered that I haven't planted all of my daffodils yet.  As long as it's not December 1st, I'm okay.  One year, I planted some on December 6th.  It's actually easier to plant bulbs now because the ground is cold and the dirt doesn't fall in the hole like it does when it's hot and dry.  The very best time is when it's frozen a little bit.  Although that is only for emergency bulbs.  hahaa  I'm so funny.  I have to get going now.  Last week, I realized that I've been spelling skedaddle wrong.  Isn't that a hoot?  All this time I used two E's.  At least, I can still learn new things.  So, I've got that goin' for me.  See ya later, djb

Andrew hanging from the basketball hoop - while Jarrett watches from the picnic table with me taking the picture and then saying, "That's okay for the picture, but don't hang on the hoop, it'll fall off and hit you in the head."

Jarrett with his stack of pennies - he'd always do these building or stacking projects and then have me take a picture.     

Friday - November 18, 2005 - Well, I finally got Hobbes home a little after 10 am.  Don't ask how much it cost because if you have to ask, you can't afford it!!! hahaha  He's sitting on the carpet outside this room and he glances at me when I walk by and mostly just sleeps.  He'll get better - he always does.  I've always said that Hobbes is our last link to Andrew and Jarrett.  Well, except for Bob and me, of course.  But, you know what I mean.  He was "their" cat.  More Jarrett's cat than Andrew's.  Mostly, Andrew tried to get him to act like a dog.  They tried to talk me into getting a dog but I told them I'd get a dog when THEY were ready to take care of an animal.  Obviously, Sable slipped in under my radar.  That was due to the "wacky medicine" anyway and Jarrett's super-salesmanship.  Besides, Sable was a hoot!  Erin and Scott are taking VERY good care of her by the way.  Bless their hearts.  I spent three hours putting a new program on my computer and it didn't do exactly what I thought it would, so I had to remove it.  What a waste of time.  Now, I have to clean the house.  Also, I'm starting to sort through my "stuff."  Can you say ay carumba!!!?  All righty, see ya later, djb  P.S. It was also good to hear from Ben and Ginny, too!!!!!

Me in my prom dress (1967) as requested by my dear friend, Ginny!! 

last - (11/17)  I always liked this dress.  Plus, I love critters.  hasta, djb

Donna in the summer of 1969 with a white faced steer at Sharon Berg's farm.

even later Thursday (11/17) - At around 5 pm, I called the vet's office and Hobbes is doing better!  I'm so glad.  They gave him some lasix and apparently that helped him with whatever his troubles were.  So, hopefully, tomorrow in the morning I can go in and pick him up and bring him home sweet home.  byebye for now, djb

Baby Hobbes on the floor near the top of the milk bottle - when he was little, he loved to chase those around the kitchen

later Thursday - (11/17) - Well, poor Hobbes is going to spend the night at the vet's office.  He's having trouble keeping anything in his stomach.  Quite frankly, I'd rather have them watch him in there and take care of him than clean up cat barf at home.  Besides, he seems to be breathing oddly.  They said they'd prefer to keep an eye on him.  Fine with me.  I'd be a nervous wreck if he came home.  They took kitty-cat x-rays of him to see if there was any kind of situation going on in his intestines - there appears to be a map of Scotland inside his innards - don't know how that got there.  (Little kitty cat x-rays are so cute!)  He may have some sort of a heart problem, too.  Basically, he's a physical wreck just like the rest of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sorry buddy.  I do remember though, last year after he had his surgery on the gaping wound in his head that he got sick after he got home.  That's one reason I think he should stay there under observation.  Somewhere I have a picture of Baby Hobbes but I can't find it right now.  I'll put these on instead.  see ya later, djb

Grandma with baby Hobbes - he was about 2 months old (1998)

Grandpa with baby Hobbes - the flash didn't work

Baby Hobbes sitting in a basket on the table - bad flash again

Thursday - November 17, 2005 - I took Hobbes into the vet's office this morning at 7:40 am.  He wasn't supposed to eat after 8 pm last night, so as soon as he saw me this morning, of course, he wanted food that he couldn't have.  Then, he started eating some of my plants, so I knew we had to skedaddle fairly quickly.  I went in about 1:30 and he's been having some troubles - not life-threatening just kind of sickly from the procedure.  I'm going to call the vet's office and see how he's doing.  I did see him when I went in, and he does look drunk.  He meowed at me and said, "Meow, get me out of here."  Here's a picture of Hobbes and Sable.  Update later. bye see ya, djb

Hobbes looking at Sable while Jarrett holds him


later Wednesday - (11/16) - No, my garbage cans didn't blow away.  Here's a picture of my new boots.  Well, I'm only showing one foot but there's one on the other foot, too.  bye, gotta go out to eat.  see ya later, djb

New winter boots - they feel warm - that's good because it's going to be around 12 degrees tonight!

Wednesday - November 16, 2005 - We did get some snow flurries during the night.  Right now west winds are between 25-35 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.  I also see that the low for tonight is 15 DEGREES (above zero!!).  Oh boy!  Winter has arrived with a vengeance.  I thought it wasn't supposed to get here until December 21st.  Oh no, I just heard wind chill on the radio.  Can't really complain because some places had tornadoes and we only got wind and snow.  When I opened the door for Hobbes to go outside, he stuck his head out and kind of sniffed around and then turned around and came back in.  So, it's official from the animal kingdom, it's COLD!  bye for now, djb

First official snow of the season on the deck outside

Tuesday - November 15, 2005 - The rain just started.  It's supposed to rain for three hours according to Tommy Skilling.  We'll see how that goes.  Later tonight, it's supposed to SNOW.  But because the ground is so warm, it won't stick.  It's already the ides of November.  Winter is coming.  I've been trying to sort through my pictures today.  Yes, it's true.  I found this one of Jarrett with my stuffed turkey.  I think it's pretty cute.  See ya later, djb

Jarrett with my stuffed turkey

later Monday - (11/14) - I'm so sad today.  Late this morning, I went to the grocery store and they were selling turkeys for Thanksgiving.  That made me sad.  Then, I saw the Welch's sparkling grape juice that I ALWAYS bought for Andrew and Jarrett at every holiday.  That made me cry.  It makes me cry right now to think of them not being here.  I don't understand why I'm still so sad.  I don't understand why I still cry.  I miss them so much.  It makes no sense to me.  I don't understand WHY they're gone.  I don't understand why they died!  Then, I got a call from the place that made the concrete bench with the plaque - they never poured the concrete pad so they can't bring it over and install it.  That made me cry more.  I want to be happy but I'm just not happy.  All of this holiday stuff just rips my heart out and I feel like it's being stomped on.  I keep trying to be positive and happy and it's just not there.  Nothing is there but sadness.  Now, the tears are falling down my face.  Tomorrow, I'll have puffy eyes.  Oh, that's such a good look.  Dear God, please send me some peace so my heart isn't so sad.  God bless Mom.  I love you saintly boys and I miss you more than ever.  I'll always miss you until I see you again in Heaven.  Love you forever, Mom

Jarrett with his Welch's grape juice at Thanksgiving

Grandpa, Jarrett, Andrew and Bob

I always put this picture in when I miss them.....

Monday - November 14, 2005 - I'm really glad I got my accidental flu shot a few weeks ago.  The doctor's offices and pharmacies are having to wait for their shipments which means as the weather gets worse (we're supposed to see sn*w this week) and more and more people get sick, it's nice to know that's one less thing I have to think about.  I'm not sure if that sentence made sense, but you know what I mean.  Got flu shot = happy person.  The weather is going to go downhill fairly rapidly this week.  Yesterday, we had wind gusts up to 50+ mph.  It was absolutely unbelievable to see the trees swaying in the breezy breezes.  Hurricane force winds begin at 75 mph.  So, we weren't even close to that which always makes me feel sympathy toward anyone who has gone through a hurricane.  Very scary.  Nature is so powerful (understatement of the day).  I'd better go and batten my hatches before the blizzard arrives.  bye for now, djb     

Jarrett with Snowball (this is a very cool picture)

Sunday - November 13, 2005 - Yesterday, I was invited to go with the youngsters to Tony n' Tina's wedding (  It was Krissy's Bachelorette party.  So, of course, you have to go to the CITY.  Tony n' Tina's wedding is interactive dinner theater.  I'm sure you've heard of it.  First, they have the wedding and then the reception.  It's just like you'd imagine it would be - quite hilarious.  Plus, I always enjoy being around the girls because they have so much fun.  They even had fun after we left the theater.  Karen put it all together and I have to say that she did an outstanding job.  Kudos to Karen!!  And while we were driving home Krissy gave us a hilarious guided tour down the streets of Chicago.  Here's some pictures from the party.  see ya later, djb

Tony in white in the "church"

Tina and the bridesmaids dancing on the table

Tina, the bride

The bad boy (can't remember his name), Krissy and Tony - while we were waiting for our bus, they came by on their way to the next performance and posed with the girls.  It was a fabulous way to end our evening in the city.

Saturday - November 12, 2005 - I was in Chicago at Tony and Tina's wedding.  djb

Friday - November 11, 2005 - VETERAN'S DAY.  I spent a majority of yesterday looking for pictures.........but I didn't find the ones I was looking for.  However, I did find one of Steve with his rifle, and one of Jarrett in his teenage mutant ninja turtle costume.  That picture was taken at school with an unknown clown.  Some schools don't have school today but I just noticed that the bus went by at 8 a.m.  You NEVER know.  I do know that there's no mail today.  So, don't be looking for anything.  see ya later, djb  P.S. Yes, I did put my flag up outside!!

Steve with his M-16 A1 rifle (that's what it says on the back of the picture

Jarrett with Hobbes - this one's for you, Granny!

Jarrett as a turtle and an unknown clown child - most likely this was kindergarten

Thursday - November 10, 2005 - I've been working on my Veteran's Day page.  I drive myself crazy ALL THE TIME because I know I have the pictures of Bob, Alan and Ron somewhere around here.  I put them in a SAFE PLACE and now I can't find them!!  Okay, so I've got to be going now.  It's cold here today - only 41 degrees but at least the wind isn't blowing quite as hard as it was yesterday.  That was fun to read Jessica's story about Andrew and their mutual Rosita's connection.  I love to hear stories about my kids that I never heard before.  sigh.........  You should see Krissy's disc of pictures.  It is a hoot!  There are some really fantastic pictures in there - and I took them, too.  It's fun to see them again.  bye for now, djb

Uncle Sydney is in the back row 3rd from the right next to Sadie who is second from the right. 

Wednesday - November 9, 2005 - Yes, Hobbes came in shortly after I went upstairs and opened the garage door.  It's not as much fun staying outside when it's cold as compared to when it's warm.  Still, you'd think he'd be warm with that fur coat that he wears.  I finally have to go into town - the big town - not Elburn.  Oh there's a great story in the paper about the second graders going to visit Conley's Funeral Home.  I'll have to put it in here.  When Jarrett was in first grader, his teacher went on a leave of absence because her husband was very sick.  She was the BEST first grade teacher so that year was memorable.  Especially, after I got banned from going in the classroom with the not so great sub.  Okay, so I was one of those informants.  Well, anyway.  Her husband passed away right when summer started, so I asked Jarrett if he wanted to go to Conley's to pay his respects, and he did.  It was kind of amazing to me that the only other student in the class who showed up besides Jarrett was Jessica.  Maybe some others came after us, but maybe they were scared.  I don't know.  But when Jarrett's second grade class went to Conley's later that year, I think it was Winnie Conley (Bruce's mom) who greeted Jarrett when he came in with the group and said, "Well, hi there, you've been here before, haven't you?"  And of course, Jarrett thought that was awesome that she remembered him.  Someone told me later that's just how she was.  And, of course, we dearly love Conley's.  I'll have to copy that story.  But right now, I have to get my skeedaddling shoes on.  I'm serious.  bye for now, djb

Uncle Bergy and Andrew and Jarrett at Rosita's  

Tuesday - November 8, 2005 - Well, it's about 5:30 p.m. and I just got down here to the computer room after mow/mulching the entire yard starting at about noonish.  In the middle of my mowing extravaganza, I had to go into Elburn to get some more gas.  It's not as easy as it sounds because I had to decide if I should get a full 5 gallons or should I get less???  hmmm  I believe there's more mulching and mowing in my future.  Hobbes helped me pick up the flower pots on the deck, plus I had to pick up a bunch of leaves that blew onto the deck and the driveway.  I haven't even thought about how I feel.  Now that I think about it, I think I feel better.  Apparently, I just had to work through my bug whatever it was.  Speaking of Hobbes, he's still outside in the dark.  That shouldn't last too long because it's supposed to rain tonight and he HATES rain.  What a big weasel he is.  Okay, I'd better look for a picture to pop in here.  see ya later, djb

Jarrett, Karen, Krissy, Andrew at Grandma's house in Rochelle 

Monday -November 7, 2005 - I still don't feel right.  Don't know exactly what it is but when you have your health, you have everything.  Just ask Diane or Gayla.  Also, remember to never voluntarily give up your spleen!!  Maybe I'm allergic to Hobbes.  Awwww   It does feel more like an allergy than a cold.  Very annoying but it doesn't stop me because I have things to do.  When the boys were alive, I always got up in the mornings and got them ready for school - even when I wasn't well which lasted many years.  Last night, I was talking about my ITP being in remission.  That's pretty weird if you think about it.  I've been scanning pictures for Krissy's wedding DVD and since I don't know which ones she's going to want, I'm doing every picture that she's in.  Well, not quite.  It's a trip down memory lane, that's for sure. 

Can't go out and mow/mulch today because the leaves are still wet.  Maybe by tomorrow, they'll dry out since it is kind of windy today.  I'm really glad I got the mulching blade put on the tractor because now we don't have to burn our leaves.  It used to take all day long to sweep them up and burn them and then it smelled really bad.  This way is much more environmentally sound.  We're not putting more particulates in the air.  You're welcome.  Well, except for the burning of the limbs which I suppose we could have gotten out the chipper/chopper/shredder and taken care of them.  That's in the same category as the rototiller.  Hasn't been out for quite a few years.  It's a scary machine.  Plus, it's VERY loud.  Now, I'm just babbling.  No one really cares.  That's funny.  bye for now, djb

Krissy, Andrew, Karen, Jarrett (with gum in his mouth)  

later Sunday (11/6) - Bob said I should take a picture of the bridal wreath, so I did.  While I was at it, I took a picture of the leaves and some other things of interest.  see ya later, djb

Faraway shot of bridal wreath bushes

Close-up of bridal wreath bushes

Bridal wreath in the fall

Andrew's white pine tree

Leaves have fallen

Jarrett's white pine tree - it's just a bit taller than I am now.

Lots and lots of leaves have fallen

More leaves

In the above picture, if you look below Andrew's tree, you can see a critter - this is a closeup of the squirrel who is running through the leaves.

Sunday - November 6, 2005 - Yesterday morning, Bob went out to try and start the tractor, but it wouldn't start for him either.  So, I went out to try and figure out what was wrong with it.  That's the funny part.  Eventually, he came out and together we were able to get the ignition thing out of its thing.  Bob did most of the heavy pulling.  I figured that Farm 'n Fleet would have it, and sure enough they did.  Bob drove over to DeKalb and bought it, brought it back and he put it in and I helped while he reattached the screws to get the side of tractor back on.  THEN, he started it up and lo and behold it started!!!!  Rather than buy a new tractor:  at least $1,000 or have the tractor fixit man fix it:  at least a week or two (in this case time is more important than money) or the best solution -- FIX IT OURSELVES:  priceless (actually, it was $12).  Whew.  I was only able to mow/mulch for about half an hour before it started raining but at least I got some of the leaves chopped up.  Last night, we had about an inch of rain and some very powerful winds (the same system that spawned the tornadoes in IN and KY).  When I looked out the kitchen window this morning, ALL the leaves had been blown off the flowering crab trees.  Now, the front year looks like a carpet of golden (WET) leaves once again.  I should take a picture - it's quite lovely.

Yesterday, afternoon I felt really sickly.  Kind of an allergy/cold with an achy feeling attached but no fever.  I still don't feel 100% but my nose isn't running anymore (too much information).  Hobbes is still taking it easy.  He can't stand the cold weather or rain so he'll go outside for a few minutes and then come right back in.  Since it's cold and horrible outside, I decided to start going through the stuff in my room downstairs - it's akin to an archeological dig and it's impossible to figure out what to throw away.  Of course, I came across some pictures that belonged to Sister.  When she died, I may have looked them over, but I don't really remember them so I scanned a bunch and I'm putting them in here.  There's a lot more, too.  It's so much fun.  See what I mean -- instead of cleaning out my room, I ALWAYS get side-tracked.  see ya, djb

The original O'Malley picture

front row:  Marian, Stella, David, is that Mary Margaret?  back row:  John, Howard, Russell, Anna, Elmer looking down and I wonder where Mary Ellen is??

Sister with Marian, Russell and David - it was a little wrinkled but I just love David's assertive stance and those pants are so cute!

Grandma O'Malley with Sister - August 15, 1932

Grandpa, Grandma, Granny

Howard and Irene's wedding

Saturday - November 5, 2005 - Looks and feels more like November today.  Yuk!  It's 53 degrees and overcast - damp, chilly, etc.  Plus, right outside the window in the computer room is a blanket of golden leaves covering the lawn.  That would be all right if the key worked in the tractor.  But yesterday once again, I couldn't get the key to turn.  Sure, I tried about 100 times.  Nothing worked.  So, I was forced to plant more tulips which suits me just fine.  That was way more fun.  Hobbes just followed me around and slept wherever I was working.  At the vet's office, he got his usual shots plus some anti-worm medicine and also some antibiotics because he had a broken tooth and it was kind of infected.  So, in about a week and a half, he'll be going in for a tooth extraction and teeth cleaning.  That has to be done under anesthetic but he doesn't have to spend the night.  Hobbes was his usual rude and surly self yesterday.  Even the catnip didn't help this time.  Of course, maybe the broken tooth hurts.  Poor Hobbes.  Well, as I was going through my pictures this morning, I saw a bunch of Jarrett with critter pictures, so I'll put those in here.  Better go and see if Bob can get the tractor started.  I hope so!!!  bye for now, djb

Jarrett with Hobbes

Jarrett with Snowball

Jarrett with Saki in Florida


Jarrett with Sable

Friday - November 4, 2005 - I thought I'd get on here before Hobbes and I leave for Elburn.  I have his little carrying case in the garage ready for him to climb into.  I took a picture of the oak tree and the maple next to it out in the front yard.  Of course, the grass is still brown.  see ya later, djb

Thursday - November 3, 2005 - Hobbes is going to the vet tomorrow at 10 am to get his rabies shot and whatever else they give him.  He's not a very good patient because he's essentially rude and doesn't like anyone.  Last year, they dumped a bunch of catnip on the examining table which he rolled around in and promptly inhaled and then he was not quite as rude.  It's already 55 degrees here so I'm going outside to plant some tulips.  Here's some pictures from yesterday.  It's supposed to be around 75 here today.  GLOBAL WARMING - gotta love it!!!!  bye for now, djb

Gorgeous tree in Cathy's back yard

Our neighbor's Halloween decorations

I totally love this monster - he moves when the wind blows

Very cool at night when the orange lights are turned on

I'm wondering what they're going to put out at Christmas time

Wednesday - November 2, 2005 - I have so much to do it isn't even funny.  We're going to have temps in the mid-60's today, so I'll be going outside to take care of yard business.  I did get some news on Phil Austin.  He's out of the coma and is doing remarkably well.  He's able to talk through his wired jaw (which is being unwired on Thursday) and remembers his friends.  He has to drink his meals through a straw which he tends to complain about and who wouldn't?!  So, he's essentially the same old Phil though he's had a hard, long struggle to get back to where he and of course he has a ways to go but his progress has been steady and encouraging.  God bless him.  Must be going now, djb

Bryar in her hockey outfit  

later Tuesday (11/1) - When Bob and I got back from dinner, I had these pictures in my mail.  They're so darn cute!  Plus, Aunt Diane started her new job today and it is awesome, the people are fantastic and she has finally found a wonderful place to work.  Damn straight, mister!  see ya, djb

Zoe, a perfectly witchy costume!

Hope, a very cute batgirl.

Zoe and the jack-o-lanterns - she's a very good witch!

Hope the bat - love the blue sucker

Hope sticking her hand into the pumpkin to get out its guts.  yuk!

Hope - the bat-baby

Zoe - she's too cute to be a witch!

Zoe and Hope with their treats - I like the new refrigerator (it's very shiny)!

Tuesday - November 1, 2005 - This morning, I decided to go over to DeKalb because I had to go to Cracker Jax and get some French vanilla incense.  Sure, you can laugh if you want, but I love that stuff.  They only had ONE pack of the sticks and a lot of packs of the cones.  Don't like the cones.  Anyway, it's always fun to go there.  I love that store.  It smells good and it's cosmic.  Before I went there, I had to go to Wal-mart to get something.  Don't remember what it was but I did get a few more bulbs and they were half price.  So, after I got home I spent all afternoon out in my big garden digging and raking and dumping.  But I didn't plant any bulbs yet.  It got overcast and felt damp and cold, plus Hobbes kept going across the street, so I came inside and here I am.  Veralee sent me some pictures from Zoe and Hope's trick or treating adventures.  Here they are.  Pretty cute.  I'm waiting for a picture of Hope in her bat costume!!  (hint hint).  I was going to celebrate Dia de los Muertos but it would've taken me all day to get it together, so maybe I'll do it next year.  Plus, I'm not Mexican or Mayan or Azteca.  But it does fascinate me.  see ya later, djb

Zoe the Witch - LOVE the orange dress and the hat!

Hope as a Baby with a sucker - she looks happy

Zoe the Witch reclining - checking out her treats

Zoe looking at her jack-o-lantern and Hope poking hers